Important updates include:
- USB 3.0 support.
- A FUSE extension that can be used to, for example, "proxy" OSS audio through the ALSA userspace layer allowing it to be used as a replacement for the in-kernel ALSA OSS emulation layer.
- ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Setting support.
- Improved desktop performance under memory strain.
- 802.15.4 support
- Fsnotify. A backend for filesystem notification.
- Preliminary NFS 4.1 client support
- Context Readahead algorithm and mmap readahead improvements. Benchmarks show cooperative IO performance gains of up to 40%.
- Much more!